As part of ensuring YoBikes are available to the largest possible number of YoBikers, our Mobility Team are currently fitting new red cable locks on all YoBikes.
This means we're now asking users to lock YoBikes using the cable lock to one of our recognised bike park (found within our in-App map).
Please follow the instructions below to secure YoBike using the new Cable Lock:
- Park YoBike next to an approved Cycle Stand/ Rack.
- Wrap the cable around the bike stand, and place the hoop (on the end of the cable) between the lock and the tyre (illustrated below).
- Push the lever on the lock downwards, ensuring the silver bar passes through the hoop on the cable.
- Your Bike should beep, letting you know the bike is secure.
- Go to the YoBike App, and tap 'End Journey'.
Note: The clip on the lock should only be used to secure the cable to the YoBike when cycling.